Wednesday, April 20, 2005

you must RICE

Today started off at 9am, i figured that i shud spend this time i have in agony for educational puposes that will benefit me, in other words something that is 'berfaedah'. Thus, i started playing God of War :p

The whole day flew by faster than i realized. Besides the fact that the painkillers gave me gastric problems, the day really wasn't too bad. Put it this way:

non-stop-playing-PS2-God-of-War

now tell me, how cud that be bad? :p

---

I did eventually stop though, as my mom had made an appointment with the physiotherapist at 4pm.

The experience at the physiotherapist was interesting, it was the first time i had ever been to one. In fact it was the first time i'd seen one apart from my aunt, but she's family!

The physiotherapist (from now on i'll refer to her as "The P") first felt the swollen parts of my foot and asked those normal questions:
The P: Does this hurt?
Me: No.
The P: Does this hurt?
Me: No.
The P: Does this hurt?
Me: OWWWWWWWWWW! @%#$^%@ (nah i din swear :p)

She then put ice on my foot and at the same time told me the key things i shud do - RICE. Yes, u heard right she told me to RICE:
Rest - So that it can heal
Ice - To contract the blood vessels
Compress - To reduce swelling (bandages)
Elevate - To reduce blood to the area

A nice acronym indeed =)

Later, she put gel on my leg and used this hammer looking thing on my leg which was supposedly ultrasound. Personally, i didn't feel anything, she said i wouldn't as well. But just think of it, if i dun feel anything and she tells me that i wun, therefore she cud just be ripping me off :p She did this ultrasound thing for abt a whole 10 mins.

Lastly she took my foot and bandaged it very nicely =D

The whole thing was an interesting experience for me and i'm hoping with all this expertise i'll be able to get a normal looking foot soon! And I'll continue to RICE!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Bandaged foot

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY!! okay now i know all physiotherapists say the same things!! btw, i still remember the gel was reaaally nice and soothing XD hahahahaha...Hope your leg gets better sooon!!! =)
Shan~

Anonymous said...

why are you using the name warkel?