Tuesday, April 19, 2005

11th and a sprained ankle

Yea well today was Report Card Day. A day dreaded and feared by many. Various thoughts rush through each student's mind - 'what will the teacher say?', 'maybe i shud make cake for the teacher', and the most common thought, 'oh crap, i'm dead'.

For me though, i really dun feel much anxiety nor nervousness towards what my teacher tells my mom. Although i'm really quite a naughty boi *devil horns*; it really doesn't matter, cuz thats not what the teachers see do they? *angel ring* :p

One thing that DOES make me excited abt report card day tho is my prefect duty ^^

U see, report card day is the day that they are tonnes of parents coming to skool to see their children. And as u all know, parents aren't that smart :p So that is where we prefects step in. We do the job of giving them directions, and lowering our language skills so they can comprehend at least part of what we say.

Now u may think, - what the hell is so interesting abt that? Well i know, i'm weird, but report card day is where i get to talk to parents and show em the way and u see, the thing is, I'M GOOD! Yes as u all can imagine, this friendliness i posess actually comes into good use for public relations (PR). So, i get to greet them, say hello, and show em to their classes, and all the other prefects are praising me cuz i do it the best, YAY. In the words off Jeff, "Warren, if u got a commission for each parent u handle, u'd be a millionaire"

OK warren! that's enuff! lower ur ego! :p (but seriously, who doesn't like praise?)

---

So there i was, doing what i do best showing braindead parents here and there and running up and down the stairs that leads to the prefect bridge. Then all of a sudden, while running down the stairs i fell and sprained my ankle (OWWWWWW!!!)

---

I spent the rest of report card day sitting on a chair in the foyer. Lucky for me, PBSM had set up a blood donation stand where i fell and i was treated immediately.

My foot was pretty much...dead. I couldn't move it nor cud i rotate it, and when i tried to do that manually with my hands...(OWWWWWWW!!!) But as all dark clouds have silver linings, i put my recuperation time there into good use and completed my chinese journal that was supposed to be passed up yesterday :p

Just sitting there, i got quite a few 'visits' from frens. But one that i rmb best was from Sarah Lim's mom, because once i said i had a sprained ankle she pulled out some sort of lotion out of her bag and told me to rub it on. After that, she took my wrist and did some reflexology thing to it, it was really soothing ^^ Sidenote: Actually first Sarah's mom said "Sarah, rub his wrist" *i smiled*, "But mom, this is skool! they kick u out just for this!" sarah replied *she made her index fingers meet* "Fine, i'll do it". I wudn't have minded that ^^
*Anywaz, Sarah, ur mom's cool!*

After a while, i managed to walk (with a limp) back to class and not long after my mom arrived.

Now I know i said report card day doesn't bother me much, but of course my first question for mom was, 'what did she say?'. The teacher had nothing much to say to my mom but what i was glad to have found out was, i got 11th out of 48 in my class! =D Yea, i know, 11 ain't really something to yaba-daba-doo abt but i was surprised because i thought i got 24th =D

So thats my day, i'm now typing this blog with a swollen sprained ankle and an ice pack on top of it. Yea my foot hurts, yea i walk with a limp now...but i got 11th!! =D

P.S. Just kidding abt the dumb parents thing :p I dun think they're dumb...well at least most of em aren't *wink* =)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My swollen ankle. Disgusting ain't it? :p

No comments: