Monday, April 04, 2005

Crap-a-lot

This week is ENGLISH WEEK. Sadly, this morning it rained and that meant there was no assembly. Hey, normally NOT having assembly is GOOD. Today though, i felt sorry mostly for Tien Huey, cuz she had prepared this wonderful banner tied to helium baloons for the English Week opening ceremony. The baloons wud fly high, high, high up into the air and the English Language Society (ELS) sign wud be shown. *Sigh* poor Tien Huey.

But lets not dwell on the bad side ^^

After school, the Impromptu Speaking competition was held in skool. The problem is, i did not know WHERE. I managed to meet Tien Huey, so since she's President of ELS i EXPECTED her to know, to my dismay she told me Bilik Serbaguna, WRONG! Only after much running around skool in my hot prefect attire did i find that it was being held in Bilik ABM.

I realized that some people may not know what impromptu speaking is, so here goes my eexplanation:
U crap. Yes, u heard right, impromptu speaking is basically where u are given one minute to prepare a 4 min long speech. Normally ur given a word and a quote to choose for ur speech but in this case we were only given a word. Well basically that's it crap-a-lot!

For the Form 4 category there were only THREE participants this meant that everyone was SURE to go home with a prize.

Well when it came to my turn i got the topic 'beauty'. I ranted for around 4 mins and that was it. I didn't think i did well really, but i still think i got a high chance of getting a prize (duh :p 3 ppl oni). All in all, although i did bad, i'm still hoping for 1st place :D

*fingers crossed*

No comments: