Friday, June 23, 2006

Music in Time

Well so exams are over and as promised, this is a post:

I was sorting out my iTunes library today and i think it is interesting how my taste in music has changed over the years. So I went on a little "scavenger hunt" and found all the albums that i have ever bought...well most of them at least.

***

Note all the "TULEN" stickers.
Support the music scene, buy the original
(as if they don't get enough money already).

***

1. The first album i ever bought was Swing When You're Winning by Robbie Williams. During my "scavenger hunt" I could not find it though because my sis left it in New Zealand. I love this album and still listen to it.

So what? I'm old school :P


taken from Amazon.com

2. A few years later, when i went through my music-is-my-life stage i was listening to all sorts of mainstream crap and one of my favourite (out of the crap) was Linkin Park.

It started off with Reanimation...



...then the whole shebang.



I got over Linkin Park ages ago, and i don't have the slightest intent to buy Fort Minor.

3. Black Eyed Peas.
Elephunk is(was?) a good album.



However, Monkey Business...not that great.



4. You know, you just can't beat THE King



5. Speakerboxxx/The Love Below by Outkast
Well this album is pretty good. However the Malaysian Censorship Board sucks.
They even censored words like "gun", "prostitute", "breasts". Bah.



6. Then Ainaa introduced me to other music, such as Weezer. And my mainstream phase officially ended. Thank you Ainaa! :)

I got the Blue Album...



the Green Album...



...and of course Make Believe



I think Pinkerton is the best Weezer album. Sadly all shops were(still are?) out of stock, so i downloaded it....along with Maladroit.



***
Downloading is not stealing music,
I'm merely sharing music with my

friends

whom i have never ever seen or spoken to in my entire life.

***

7. Ainaa would send me a few songs that she thought were nice. Eventually, i ended up downloading more of their songs when i decided i liked them. ConsequentlyI would buy their albums if i could find them in shops....but sadly i couldn't find a single one, so i did the next best thing - download :D

Damien Rice

Stars



Death Cab for Cutie

Aqualung

AthleteInterpol


Note: The noir effect you get when you take a picture of a digital screen (e.g. TV or computer) is because of the fact that the digital screens are shooting out lightbeams at such a fast rate that it looks like a constant image, when in fact it is actually constantly changing. Since a camera has a..........bah i'm too lazy to explain.

8. After listening to "Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll" as well as "Midnight Show" i bought

Hot Fuss


The Killers rock!

9. Gorillaz is cool with their interesting mix of music - a bit of blues, pop, rock, rap, techno and gospels. Now that's skill.

Demon Days


So that's all pretty much where i am now number 6. onwards, and what i do realize is that very few people share quite the same taste of music as me aside from Ainaa of course, and now i've met a chic called Amira who shares the same taste as well.

Are you an Indie (its a genre, not a race) lover too?


No comments: