Saturday, June 24, 2006

Family Dinner

I missed Assunta's Lit Night with the excuse that I have Chinese tuition on Friday nights.

Third Floor Restaurant, Shangri-la KL

Dessert menu, the warm chocolate cake is MAGNIFIQUE, seriously.

Yet this week I skipped class anyway because Dad had this sudden urge to have a family dinner considering my sis has been away for 2 months and now she's going to Japan for 2 weeks.

Lemon Garden, Shangri-la KL

Yep, this is a Chocolate Fountain

My sis is a graduate bum, who is meant to spend this year recouperating from her psoriasis problem.

Lafite, Shangri-la KL

It was like a Kinder Bueno cake. I love Kinder Bueno.

I was really quite excited about this whole family dinner thing.

Lafite, Shangri-la KL

Cheese Menu that comes right up to the table.

I was looking forward to some sort of poncy restaurant in the Shangri-la or at least some nice restaurant in KL.

Shanghai (restaurant), JWW Marriot, Starhill, KL

Dim Sum

However in the end we went to a not-so-poncy restaurant. We ended up in Crystal Crown's Chef Rasa Sayang.

Chef Rasa Sayang, Crystal Crown PJ


I actually do not like Chef Rasa Sayang, mainly because they sell Sharksfin.

Chef Rasa Sayang, Crystal Crown PJ

Giant shark's fin

Yes, I do not deny that I was once a shark's fin-lover. However, after seeing videos of how shark's fins are harvested and seeing figures of their dwindling population, I now realise the inhumane cruelty dealt by man towards this poor creature.

The often perceived man-eater is in fact none other than man-eaten.


Besides, how could i deny Sun Yan Zi? :p

Nonetheless, I was just happy to be out together with my family because we really rarely do eat out - we're lazy people.

Dinner was quaint, Dad (as usual) talked about business, Mum talked about golf whereas Sis talked about her idea of setting up a business (damn, I think one day in the future all our dinners will be like CEO meetings). Sadly, our dinner could have been much better.

Crystal Crown's Chef Rasa Sayang was not always the way it seems now. A long time ago, we would have been considered incredibly lucky to have gotten a table without reservations. Today however, the once popular restaurant was merely a little less than a quarter full. Seeing its current condition, its once famed popularity now seemed to me like an echo from the past.

To start things off, service was terrible. Despite its lack of clients and its abundance of scuttling waiters, dishes came to us at a snail's pace. In fact, at one stage we had waited so long that mum was asking for the bill when just in the nick of time our next dish was served.

It actually saddens me to see a restaurant ripped from its former glory. But i guess as history has shown us, empires never last.

Chef Rasa Sayang, Crystal Crown PJ

Cheap advertisement



No comments: