Thursday, October 06, 2005

Bone Tumour

Wooohooo YAy!!! i got a

BONE TUMOUR

Ever since i can rmb, whenever i sit down in a cramped space (theater, cinema, plane, etc), my right knee feels cramped after a while. If i stand up i then have all these cracking noises coming from my knee.

Ever since i can rmb, i have shrugged of all these effects as just something usual, something that happens everyday, something normal to everyone. But i was wrong, and now i know what i have...

A few weeks back i made a discovery, in the ed board room to be precise. I realized that my leg leading to my knee had a bump on it. It is not very noticeable alone, but if u compare it with my left leg, there's much of a difference. Well i told mum abt it and she said we'll check it out after my exams.

Well now we have,

That was today.

It shocked me at first when the doctor told me that it was a bone tumour, although he inserted the statement with plenty of consolation that the tumour looked like it was non-cancerous. The question still remained though, is this truly cancerous or not?

To get a better look at things, i was sent to the 5th floor to undergo a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan. Well if u've ever done an MRI scan, you'll know that its a painstaking process. The scan takes 30-45mins and if u move a muscle in the whole operation, then u'll have to start all over again. So basically for 30-45mins or so i was left in a room, with only a beeping machine and music from a radio as my company, not being allowed to move a muscle.

Although my body was asleep, my mind was awake. I had a lot of time to think, alone in a room. I was contemplating the possibility of i having cancer and what my life has been up to this moment. My family, my friends, everyone that i cared for. I guess i questioned what really have i done on this earth.

Well the results of the scan were good i suppose. The conclusion is that it shouldn't be cancerous. But nonetheless i have to get it extracted because it impede's my movement. Additionally, if i dun remove it, there is a small chance that the tumour might actually become malignant. We will get the radiologist's report tomorrow.

Our resolution however, is that we're going to seek some second opinions on the whole operation, just to make sure we know its not malignant or if there's any other way to solve the issue. The operation itself will cost RM16000 ( i dunno why my mum cares, cuz its MY LIFE at stake and the company will pay for it).

I think that if i do undergo the surgery though, i would like to do it after my shanghai holidays. Because after this surgery i'll be walking in leg braces for 6 weeks. In addition to that, it will take about 6 months to fully recover. So before i get dragged down to hell i'd like a little taste of heaven.


An Xray of my tumour, the doctor believes its exostosis



















This is my knee cap that is no longer aligned properly due to the tumour, its called lateral patella maltracking


This is the X Ray machine


This is the MRI machine


The following are MRI images:
This is a crossection of my knee in a normal section


This is where u can see the beginning of the tumour forming

This is the tumour at its climax


This is a fish in the KLSMC (KL Sport Medical Centre) fish tank. It wasn't pretty but i liked it, i called it Bob....dun ask me why, (it has nothing to do with my dad's name)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope it's not cancerous, and won't reach that level too. take good care of urself warren! lotsa luv n concern